[Dailydrool] Hollyberry is 1 year old

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 03:59:30 PST 2009

Today is Hollyberry's 1 year burfday. I can't believe that after wanting a Basset all my life I finally have not one, but two. Here is a little poem that I wrote last year after having this extraordinary pup come into our lives. She was, indeed, a gift from God. I have had a VERY difficult year and Holly and Noah have brought me comfort beyond measure...nothing like unconditional love, right?

Snooters, Maggie
Hollyberry (I habn a burfday, I habn a burfday...I habn a burfday)
Noah (oh, boy tweets, tweets, tweets)

a God’s Gift Dog (written from Holly's perspective)
My Ma calls me a “God Dog” for
she had made it known, that before I came to her house her heart was made of
stone.
She’d cried and cried since her
Princess died and she said she was so sad, that she no wanted another dog, no
way, no how, too bad.
(She wanted a new living room rug
instead)
But Jesus, had another plan for
He is all ‘bout love, and who can help Him to spread that care from our Father up
above.
God’s plans are great and kind
and good, and in wisdom He did know, just what would turn one heart of aflame
and return to it its glow.
He knows its man’s best friend
He does, that a gentle, loving pup can get inside and melt that heart before it
knows what’s up.
THAT…A few wet licks, a wagging
tail, a snooter kiss or 2, and one cold heart will melt right down with love
that is brand new.
My Ma says God is everywhere and He
works in many ways and puppies are just one of those and it won’t take many
days…
for a little long-nosed puppy
with droopy ears and eyes, to make those tears all dry up, but not to God’s
surprise.
For dogs are His creation, made
with love and care and He gave them a loving nature with everyone to share.
(Ma says that’s just like God
himself)
So, who can get into a stone cold
heart before one knows what’s up? A tiny, little Basset Hound, a spanking brand
new pup.
Thanks, Hollyberry, you were a
great “Chirst”mas gift….we love you.