[Dailydrool] Treat from Elder Clara's book, and thanks Beverly Szaton

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 4 18:52:01 PST 2009

Well I got my copy of Elder Clara's cookbook about two weeks ago, and some
of the dog treats looked especially good, so I got all excited and bought
some ingredients to make some.  First we made "Nigel's Frozen Feets" (p. 79,
homemade frosty paws), and the girls liked them.  Then I was going to make
"Momperson's Special Chickie Bait" on p. 76, only it calls for chicken
hearts and all I could find was gizzards, which I went ahead and bought, but
then panic set in.  Oh No, What Do I Do With These Nasty Chicken Gizzards,
says me to myself.  Myself answered, How Would I Know - You're Not Going To
Make MeMeMe Eat Them Are You???   So I decided to e-mail Momperson Beverly
for HELP.

Thank you, Beverly, the girls and I used your e-mailed instructions and made
"Momperson's Special Chickie Gizzard Bait" tonight, and they love it, it's a
big hit.  For anyone who is interested, here's what Beverly told me to do
with these nasty chicken innards.

Remove gristle (ours didn't have any, thank doG), then put in a pot of
boiling water, along with a little garlic powder and salt, and boil for
roughly 20 minutes, or until they look done.  Drain and roll in some
cornmeal and put on a cookie sheet, bake in a 325 degree oven for about 45
minutes or until dried out.  Cut in small pieces, cool and serve, or bag and
freeze.  The girls think these are wonderful - even Holly the Dolly,
Princess Picky-Butt!!  They ate some and the rest are bagged in the fridge
for eating the next few days.  Or you can freeze them, too.

Thanks again to Beverly for bailing me out, and thanks to everyone who
worked on the cookbook.  Mama and The Girls are having fun with it!

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net