[Dailydrool] problem with 16 month old male

Renee Kummerer msbbeabear at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 19:31:17 PST 2009

We have a 16 month old male Basset that we got when he was 6 months old.  He is a real sweetheart but we have 3 girls ages 8, 9 and almost 11.  He was neutered before we got him. The problem is this,  he loves to play with the 8 yr old and he runs and barks with her, but the 9 yr old is his real friend and love.  He sleeps next to her every night.  When he wants to play, he charges at her and jumps on her and humps her.  He does this all the time.  We have to yell at him and he stops.  Can someone tell me what is going on here and why he does this with just her?
Renee