[Dailydrool] Another Old Timer

Kathy Collins kcollins at crubber.com
Fri Nov 6 09:37:58 PST 2009

I've very much enjoyed hearing from other old timers. I wasn't planning
on chiming in as I'm an active lurker.  However, when I saw Reenie
Grant's post, I just had to make a comment.

I joined way back when...when you had to wait on a list to be admitted.
The year was 1997 and I had just gotten Freckles for my son. I was so
thankful for the Drool. It helped us through puppyhood as well as let us
know she was a normal basset with all the crazy stuff she'd do as an
adult.

I can't begin to express the joy I've shared with people I've never met
in the stories and experiences they share here.  I met a wonderful
friend through Secret Pawtner. Little did I know I would loose my
beloved Doberman weeks after making this new friend. Although she lived
across the country from me, she was so sweet and supportive listening
and helping me through my grief. Helen Hocking, if you read this,
girl...you still mean the world to me!!!

Back to Reenie's post.  She mentions getting Dodger after Cathy B.
posted about him being in a shelter. I too tried to get Dodger.
Unfortunately, Lee and Reenie beat me to the shelter!  I got the courage
up to call Lee and congratulate him on beating me to the dog. Not
knowing the Grants then, I even had the audacity to offer Lee my phone
number in case the adoption didn't work out for them. (Oh yeah, I did.
You that know the Grants are probably having a great laugh about that
right now too). Lee was very nice but truthfully told me Dodge had his
forever home.

I've laughed.  I've cried my heart out at the loss of some of these
precious hounds and people (especially TBO!!). I've met some wonderful
people, who, other than my mother and my husband, seem to be the only
people that truly understand how much the heart can love an animal. So
although I'm only a lurker, I truly appreciate the posts by all and look
forward to my drool every single day.

Bless you all for being such good friends, advisors, and counselors!

Kathy

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, forward, use, rely on or distribute this message or any file attachments. Please inform the sender if you have received this email in error. Nothing in this email amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment, unless separately confirmed expressly in writing by an authorized Officer of the Company. The views expressed in this email are attributable to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Company.