[Dailydrool] Sarah, and all those ATB

JUDITH WITTELS jewittels at msn.com
Mon Nov 9 06:42:43 PST 2009

I think it is about 5 yrs since I found and joined The Drool just after my Vinnie 15.5 yrs left me.  I am still having difficulty keeping all the hounds and their people straight...Who lives with who, what person represents what group. The one thing I can keep straight is just how much we all love these silly endearing and sometimes challenging hounds. When I read of Sarah's death I didn't remember her as Sweet Sarah or Sweet Sarah & Hank the Tank. I hope I have gotten this correct. I thought I felt bad before, now knowing this is the dog who's pic and stories I know I ache worse.  Why are we so effected by the long distance love and care of these dogs and their people?  How can this be ? Yet there are others so different that don't give dogs or animals in general the time of day and worse they will go out of their way to neglect , abuse and in some cases torture them... What makes all of us special, we light candles to help them find heaven even if they leave in the light of day, we sling drool, say prayers, spend kizillions of dollars trying to make them well. We cry for those we have never met and those we never will.... Could we not bottle this compassion, this over abundance of concern and care... If we could the world would surely be a better place, just think we could put shelters out of business . I don't know why I am writting this but maybe just because the new year is about to begin, maybe because I am just hoping for less sadness and more people like the members of the Drool.....

Judy