[Dailydrool] Agressiveness is normally tame girl

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Thu Nov 12 07:36:28 PST 2009

Several days, I have found Annabelle laying on the linoleum floor, because Harley was growling at her and she didn't want to try and go past her.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this aggressiveness out of Harley?   I am afraid that it will happen when no one is home and one of them will get hurt. Tom

I go through this with ole Maggie a lot.   She is 10 now and pretty set in her ways.   Sometimes I have found all 3 of the other bassets on one side of a doorway and Maggie laying across on the other.  No one will go past her.    There are days where she growls at anything that moves past her sleeping spot, where ever that might be on a particular day.   Then there are days where she doesn't care.    I sometimes wonder if on her grumpy days she is feeling her age and is just not as patient.   But  since all the other dogs give her a wide berth I haven't had to deal with a real serious confrontation.

However,  I do not give her free range with 2 of my other dogs when I'm not at home.   They are the 2 that will challenge ole Maggie from time to time.  So either Maggie is confined or the other 2 are confined.    Rule no. 1,  Do not set them up to fail.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com

http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/