[Dailydrool] Old Drooler

saba2r at aol.com saba2r at aol.com
Tue Nov 17 08:20:08 PST 2009

Late as usual, but after reading several of the Old Drooler posts, I
had to chime in.
Roscoe P Hunter and I read the Drool for over ten years.  He was
already coming out of his puppy days when I joined ( beyond age three).
  Otherwise he would be in the OEBE category of WORST PUPPIES EVER.  I
think he got his big boy brains around age five.  He was nearly as bad
as Essie's Homer.  So, I became mostly a lurker but let me put it this
way:  I wouldn't have survived without the Drool.  Or HE wouldn't have
survived maybe.

My heart breaks when one of the old timers leaves for the Bridge.  I
remember all of the ones mentioned, including King Nick, from whence
nickzillion terminology arose.  Who could ever forget Mickey
Droolmeister and Fang?  Some of the funniest stuff I've ever read in my
life.  Then sweet Clos du Bois joined - a great beauty who took a fancy
to my ole gent. There are too many to mention here, but my heart is
filled forever with all of them and their people.

At this time, I don't think our residence would do justice to a
houndie, but some day soon hopefully.  I know Wen will remind me to
consider a senior and we certainly will.  My boy was the sweetest
living creature in his last years.  I have no wish to NOT remember him,
even though it's painful.  We still have mutt sister, Angel, and we
will continue reading Drools as long as they exist.  She even got to
join in, serving as a diva cheerleader during the turd hockey games,
famously jealous of Claudia's gorgeous bloodhound

Becca
www.dogster.com/dogs/600703