[Dailydrool] The Story of BIG MO

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Nov 17 14:55:53 PST 2009

Momma here. Yes Brudder Elwood is livid that I fell asleep last night in the computer chair and he has had no chance to relate his "visit" to Otter's house. With luck it will be forthcoming. I told him I have a story to share and to back off. Hmm-he half listened.

No secret that the hound supporting job is just beyond, flooded cars, boats, ect everywhere here, and I am just beat. I did fall asleep in the chair last night and when hubby got me up this morning at 4;45am, it was like a bad dream. I wandered down the steps, got coffee-needed gallons, and went to climb the stairs to get going. Half way up the stairs I seen it. Right on the wall.
A huge waterbug----which will now be called Big Mo cause I hate these worse than rodents. Mo was a monster. If you do not know what a waterbug is, think cockroach on steriods. Mo was easily 4 inches long and 3 inches wide with antenna's that would power a DSL cable. I screamed, these things terrify me-----ME that can look at blood and guts with not a thought--I regrouped. I looked for back up.
Yea, right, backup heard me scream alright.
Brudder Jake hit the dog door at warp speed.
Brudder Elwood ran to the family room.
Sister Daisy headed for the kitchen.
Ol Bob raised his head.
Elder Clara never woke up.

So much for help. I go grab the super fly swatter. It is about the size of a snow shovel, an Mo is still in the same place. I creep up the stairs, take aim, and miss. But the force of the swat blew Mo off the wall and the damn thing landed at my feet.It is scrambling and headed for my leg, I am screaming and once again there is not a basset in sight. Mo took off, he headed for the wall on the side of the stairs. My shaking legs carry me down the stairs, looking for the beast. I got to the hallway, and Mo took off, to points unknown, but still in my house. I take the bug beater and head up the stairs, cause Mo is gonna die or start paying half the house payment. Mo is not to be found, but I am still looking.
About that time the phone rang---(no it wasn't Mo-but no doubt it could of been)--it was my neighbors. They heard me screaming and thought it was a horrible emergency, did I need help??? What do you even say to this. I explain, and he says now Debbie its just a bug and we seen a couple too, with all this water--------------common sense at 5;30 was not what I wanted, but accepted. The bassets--no help.
So how was your day??

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts

Get Elder Clara's Cookbook today Support Senior Houndsabound
www.elderclaraeats.biz