[Dailydrool] Waking up in the middle of the night

Kimberly Baker kbaker at mail.cosi.org
Fri Nov 20 12:01:41 PST 2009

I need to chime in on this thread to share Bailey's recent antics and ask for your advice...

My now-ex-husband moved out in the spring.  Since then, Bailey (6 1/2) hardly sleeps through the night.  This happened the last time ex and I were separated, but didn't happen when we were together (honestly, half the reason I took the ex back was to get a good night's sleep again).  Ex can't take Bailey at the moment, if ever.  I can't sleep through the whining and the neighbors have complained too, when it becomes barking.  I've tried taking him out to potty and tried ignoring him.  He's crated during the day for 8+ hours without an accident, so he can hold it if he wants to.  It's possible he whines during the day anyway, but no on is around to notice.  I was feeding him twice a day, but thought perhaps cutting down to one feeding (at 7:30am) would help.  Doesn't seem to have.  I let him out for the last time probably around 10 or 11pm.  He tends to wake up anywhere from 1am to 5am...no pattern.  I (and the new boyfriend who actually LIKES Bailey and I'd like to keep it that way) are at our wits end.

Help!

Thanks,
Tired Kimberly and restless Bailey

P.S.  He also seems to have forgotten his potty training for #1 since the ex moved out.  He won't ask to go out, just squat any old place.  Any advice?