[Dailydrool] Average basset weight : )

Sue Spataro sue at pinksunrise.com
Sun Nov 22 09:24:20 PST 2009

Hi Linda,

I have and had 4 bassets in total and found the following basset "facts"
(LOL): bassets come in three sizes-small, medium, and large. Small meaning
up to 50 pounds, medium being up to 60 pounds and then large is 60 plus
(generally you don't want them too much past 65). The boys are larger than
the girls.

I tend to let my gang eat a bit, meaning they're in the 50-60 pound range
and this weight is appropriate for their build. Vinny, our man about town,
can chow down and get up to about 62 pounds. I tend to limit the store
bought treats and give them some apples and carrots occasionally. I also
like to walk them so that they can accommodate the weekly mashed potatoes!

Hope this helps,

Sue : )

Sue Spataro
sue at pinksunrise.com