[Dailydrool] Whine? Miss Angela?

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sun Nov 22 10:25:51 PST 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela, being a thespian at heart, has raised whining to a high art.  I suspect that she has taken Fran (the Nanny) Drescher as her role model in this.

Whining is her preferred means of letting me know that she wants out, wants in, wants me to get up, wants food, or wants me to change the channel.  She will bark or improvise some other vocalization if the whining doesn't achieve the desired effect.  When she comes upstairs to tell me to get up, she whines very quietly.  If that doesn't work, it gets louder.  Sometimes she will shake her head, flapping her ears loudly just to let me know that she's standing by the bed and it seems to her that I should be on duty.

When I travel and she stays with Uncle Chris, Lucille the alpha dobie and Ella the bipolar dalmation, she frequently whines to remind Chris that she needs special attention and affection to mitigate her separation anxiety.  She also whines to protest her position as #3 dog in the household.

Bill (enjoying a quiet Sunday at home)
Angela (you never take me anywhere and, by the way, the diet food SUCKS)