[Dailydrool] Vaccination Reactions

CANDY DUSEK lovebassets at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 22 15:20:24 PST 2009

I think this subject was touched on not too long ago, but I apparently skimmed over.  How many of you have had a dog react to Rabies or Distemper vaccinations.  Higgins had both vaccinations on Friday, and his face became severely swollen (the lips and area around his nose were softball size) and he was vomiting up his meals for two days.  The vets weren't overly concerned, and told me to give him Benedryl.  The swelling was mostly gone by morning.  I went on the internet, of course, and I see these reactions are listed as severe, along with shock and death!  I am already worried about him being vaccinated in another two years!  I am wondering if any of you have experienced these reactions and if you have, what happened the next time vaccinations were due.

Candy Dusek

Maggie Mae http://www.dogster.com/dogs/166615

C. Higgins http://www.dogster.com/dogs/923059

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD