[Dailydrool] Basset Weights

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 18:30:00 PST 2009

I just skimmed the stuff on basset weights and thought I would chime in - I have the whole spectrum!  Bailey is our midget - starved until we rescued her at 7 months - she only weighed 10 lbs!  She now is about 35-38 lbs.  Then LaVerne is about the perfect size for her size...she weighs about 45-50 lbs, Maggie is my chunky gal and weighs in about 54-55 - she is a smaller basset and probably should weigh closer to LaVerne's weight....then there is Trixie....came to us as a skinny foster after running around for weeks on her own - even skinny she was twice the size of all the others and now she weighs in at about 62-67 lbs!  And she still is twice the size of all of them!  And my old beagle gal Princess is around 30 lbs....as she has aged her little body is a kind of like a little watermelon!

Emily and the Gareis Girls, Maggie, Bailey, Trixie, LaVerne and Princess