[Dailydrool] A scary time in the Moravinski household

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:10:17 PST 2009

Last fall we came home from the grocery store and my husband walked into the
family room and started yelling for me.  There was a band of bloody stain
about two inches wide across the front of the sofa.  Bloody messes here
there and everywhere on the berber carpeting and droplets of blood up the
steps.  It too, turned out to be a huge cyst that was apparently on her hip
area.  There was a hole the size of a quarter and a crater the size of a
tennis ball.  I kid you not.  I flooded the opening with 3 bottles of
hydrogen peroxide before it ran clear.  Then I packed it with a large amount
of neosporin.  Next day I took her to the vet for some antibiotics.  We
cannot put her under for surgery because she has heart and liver issues and
her age.  But after several weeks the crater shrank up and the hole closed
up.  Took a while and had to be cleaned every day. Fortunately she was
cooperative about it.  She still occasionally has smaller cyst eruptions
which I treat the same way.(Although I recommend to anyone to take your dog
to the vet to be checked)  She often wears a bandage and people often ask
about her boo-boos.

By the way, we were able to clean the mess up that day with a Little Green
Machine and pre-spotting with a Tide/water solution.

Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.
Pwincess LilyGurl, Rudy- Protege to the pwincess,  and the rest of the
entourage