[Dailydrool] Sad news

mtnbassets at hotmail.com mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:53:47 PST 2009

Barney has had lots of reflux lately, coughing and choking often, more at night. He's started vomiting a few times a week and now Sat evening he threw up 8-9 times. Twice yesterday. I came back to the house in NH yesterday so brought him with me to see our old vet. Well, he has a large tumor in his chest with shadows that look like there could be several smaller ones. Probably mets from the splenic tumor that was removed in March. The tumor is pressing on his esophagus when he lays down, causing the reflux and vomiting. His spine is also completely fused. Since pain can also cause vomiting  he is getting tramadol for that along with ondansetron for the nausea. He has been on Pepcid and Prilosec for weeks and that will continue. We don't know how long he has since it basically depends on his comfort. If the reflux gets worse it's possible he could aspirate and get pneumonia but with luck the meds will help control  that. When he was diagnosed with cancer last March I said I hoped he'd make it to Christmas. I still hope he does.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Peaches and ?Dickens?
Ace and Kirby
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T