[Dailydrool] Adirondack dogs

mtnbassets at hotmail.com mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:53:12 PST 2009

I'm very sorry I offended Stephanie, and I do hope that we all understand you can't paint every person with the same brush. In the month here, people are astounded that my dogs are house dogs. Even my realtor's husband keeps Beagles for hunting OUTSIDE. She said she did make him build a heated dog house, which he strenuously resisted as it makes them "soft". I even had one person ask if all the hounds had individual names and if I could tell them apart. I asked him if his children had names and if he could tell them apart.

The Massena shelter is clean and nice and the staff is very helpful. I filled out an application and the girl glanced at it, no references required and no vet check, and approved it. Which means anyone could say anything and get a dog there. If they flat out say it will be outside only and for hunting I'm sure they would be turned down, but if they know the right thing to say....

I just want this boy to have a warm safe bed for Christmas. Stephanie, sounds like you could offer that as well and please, take him home if that is your wish. I saw his listing, something made me search for the first time since I have been here and it was the day he was posted. If a good home comes for him before Friday he will go to them, other wise I will get him. He was a stray, no one came for him, and this skinny little boy needs love and good food. I can do that and will if no one else does. If ABC wants to take him in, great! But some one needs to and I won't risk having his life be what the hospital staff, realtors, my mortgage broker/president of the dog club, and hair stylist/former board member for the local shelter say is "the Adirondack way".

Synthia
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T