[Dailydrool] Happy 14th birthday, Louie!

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Mon Nov 30 16:35:54 PST 2009

Tomorrow ( December 1st) is Louie's 14th birthday.I didn't think he'd be here to see it.  He was so sick this summer, I was pretty sure he'd make the journey to the bridge. But, here he is, better than he's been for months. I decided this was definitely a birthday worth celebrating.

I work as an elementary school librarian and we had no kids today, so I took Louie & Fiona to school so we could deliver birthday treats to our dog friends.  We had doggie bags of dried sweet potatoes & pumpkin cookies ( the recipe from Elder Clara's cookbook). My principal said it was a shame we couldn't have library dogs.

When we got home our DD calendar had arrived!  What a nice surprise. I got weepy looking at all the pictures.  Fiona's picture is on August 9th.  I didn't put Louie's picture in because I was afraid he'd be gone and seeing him there would be too overwhelming for me.  I guess he showed me!

Adrienne Gillespie, Louie, Fiona, & Clara ATB