[Dailydrool] Conrad's surgery update

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Mon Nov 30 18:47:00 PST 2009

Conrad had his back surgery a week ago today.  He is still in the hospital.  He has no feeling in his hind legs and he cannot wag his tail.  At first the doc said he may get worse before he gets better because of the type of disc he had.  Now the doc is saying he is worried because he is not getting better and wants to do another myelogram tomorrow to make sure he didn't miss something. The therapist says it takes some dogs longer than others.  I feel like my vet is rushing things to get more money before Conrad starts to improve.  Yesterday he said he thought Conrad could come home tonight and that I'd bring him back to the clinic in the morning for his therapy.  Then when I got there tonight he said no.  Conrad is so mad at me.  When the therapist left the room he tried to follow her even though I was standing right there next to him.  I don't know whether to let the doc do another myelogram tomorrow or wait a few more days.  Ann