[Dailydrool] hounds and cat poop

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 4 18:57:19 PDT 2009

f you'd like to see what we do to keep the cat box off limits, check out
these two photos off my solution.  The cat box is in the utility room,
between the dryer and the upright freezer.  The washer is across from the
dryer and cat box, along with a small table for folding.  A piece of plywood
and a saber saw is all that's needed.

http://tinyurl.com/y88ajyy

http://tinyurl.com/yd8xxce

Once years and years ago, I asked the Vet why my dog loved to eat cat poop.
(I'd heard it was a vitamin deficiency and stuff like that, and wanted to
know if I needed to change the dog's diet, or worry.)  Explained this to the
Vet, who said - dogs eat cat poop because it tastes good.  Cats are
carnivores, meat eaters, and their food is meat based and high in fat.  Dogs
are not pure carnivores, so their food has a lot less fat in it.  Some of
the fat in a cat's food comes through in the poop, and it makes the poop
taste good to dogs.  Kind of like the higher the fat content in hamburger or
a steak, the better it tastes to us.  I said EEEWWWW, thanked the Vet, and
have always remembered.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net