[Dailydrool] Rats, rodents and other little thingies

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 4 20:12:12 PDT 2009

This be Yogi of St. Louis and I been reading all these things about rodents.Let me tell you little story.My big sister (human) started working at PetSmart several years ago.All was quiet in the beginning,my mama watched out because she suspected trouble and it finally hit.It started with a iddy biddy lizard,and my mama said yes,it can come live here.Then another,and another.Now we's got eight lizards that have come to my home (some were just left at the store door so somebudy would find them when they opened).Of course, my big sister (human) opened the store.Me and my sister (basset, not human) love to sit and watch them in the acariums (too bad there's glass on those acariums,it get's kind of drooly smeared and then I can't see too good).Some will be two feet long so I give them da respect.Thare's also two bowls in her room that I learnt not to drink out of.The little thing in them doesn't appweciate it much.THEN one day my nose smelled something not
 lizard at all.Whoa, here was a new cage with NO glass and a nice rat tail sticking right out there.  Now I do have some of me big boy brains,enough to know mama and sister (human) would kick me out of the room foreber and eber if I bit that tail,so I just sit and watch.Funny how rodents multiply.Now there's a rat,and a gerbil,and two chinese dwarf hamsters,and just last week my sister(human) came home with four mice! Me and my sister (basset, not human) have sooo many friends now.They like to sniffy my nose and it tickles.Sometimes they all get in plastic balls and roll through my house!The rat's is as big as a basketball! If we sit still, they roll right up to us.  My weemerhammer sister is scared of them and stays on the couch and whines (it's embawassing) but I'm a manly man and I woof really quiet so they keep rollin.My daddy don't like the siteeashun very much, but my mama keeps her lippers shut.She says she was just as bad when she was young
 (I didn't know they had rodents that long ago).So to end my story,my mama says to try to lure the gerbil out,and if there is a gerbil rescue contact them, but PLEASE don't take it to the PetSmart in St. Louis if there's a human  working there named Holly.
Yogi,the rodent master, Carlie Jane,the reptile tamer,and Bunny (I'm not scared, just playing hard to get)