[Dailydrool] Human Pharmacists and Animals

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 20:33:53 PDT 2009

Just catching up on drools and read George's mention of pharmacists making statements on animal patients.  It is much better to not ask them questions (of which you guys know) or go by what they say when it comes to animal patients.  I had a very sad case in which a dog was having arthritis and the owner's friend was a pharmacist.  The friend pharmacist told the owner of the dog to give it a human adult dose of Aleve twice daily.  The dog died three days after receieving this medication, due to liver and kidney failure.  The owner was devastated.  I know there are many pharmacists who would never advise people on what to give their animals but just a note and reminder :)
Laura,
Flash and Ryu