[Dailydrool] to visit or not

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Wed Oct 7 09:32:36 PDT 2009

When Bubby was in the hospital for acute kidney failure, we would visit every evening.  He had been on the verge of death, but when we showed up he would get so happy! I visited him after work and was walking him outside when my husband approached from across the street on foot.  He had parked in the store lot over there because it was snowing and the vets lot was not plowed.  Bubby was so very happy!  The vet tech who would take him for potty breaks told us that he would look across the street every time, and she would have to carry him back in because he wouldn't budge.  He was waiting for daddy!  We took him home with the expectation that we would have to let him go in a month or so, but he did well for 4 months of sub Q injections before his kidneys completely failed and we had to say goodbye.  He made it to April 18th, and on a beautiful day in the back yard laying on the grass, we said goodbye.  It has been 4 yrs, and I still miss him.  I don't think I could forgive myself if I hadn't visited him and he had died without me telling him one more time how much I loved him.

Much sadness for the passing of Pw. Miss Brandy.  Angelika, please accept our prayers for your comfort and healing.  Grace and peace to you and your family.
Gaylene and the 6 pack, with a new bonus, Samson the Pomahuahua.