[Dailydrool] Victoria, CJ, & Molly

Happy Hound Pet Services dawn at happyhoundpetservices.com
Fri Oct 9 13:19:45 PDT 2009

This is the Momslave here.  Willow is busy sulking because we have extra dogs (my mother's) in the house.  Sorry we haven't responded sooner - I just moved my mother from Arkansas to North Carolina in a rental truck.  The dogs were scattered to the four winds since boarding them all (6 of them) while I was gone is extremely expensive.  I finally got them all back yesterday.

Drool to all of those who are in need.  I am behind on reading my drools, so I am not sure I know who all of you are.  Drool to the famous Elder Clara.  I hope she is doing much better.

I wanted to thank all of those who have been sending drool to CJ, Molly & Victoria.  It seems to be working.  So far, CJ has not had another seizure.  I have decided that pursuing the MRIs & possible brain surgery with a 16 year old doxie (his birthday was September 23) would not be the right thing.  He is very happy and playful, and I am afraid that all those visits to the vet and the tests would make his life unbearable, and if we had them I do not know that putting him through surgery wouldn't just be cruel to gain a few more months with him.  He loves his people too much, and I would rather him have 3 happy months than 6 miserable ones.  So keep drooling, because we won't really know until he has another seizure if he is going to have one, and we may never know what caused it in the first place.  It's just too much to ask an old doxie to go through.  Those of you that have loved doxies know they are very attached - not like my beagles who love everybody and are perfectly happy to spend a day at the vet's office getting loved by new people.  CJ needs to be curled up on the couch with someone he knows and loves.  It's just who he is, and I can't take that away from him in his last days.  I have told him he is my little man, and he needs to live forever.  I hope he is listening.

Victoria spent my time away at the vetperson's office, and she is doing well - so far no more tumors, but I will remain vigilant in watching for them.

Molly's back seems to be improving, I think thanks to the advice of some drooler out there who mentioned Boswelia.  I have started her on it, and it seems to have brought her almost back to her old wiggly self.  I missed that waggle tail.

I am so pleased and honored to be a part of such a wonderful community.  Thank you all for the drool and the e-mails.  It means so much to know that there are people out there who understand how it feels when our furbabies are sick and we can't help them.

I'm sure Queen Willow will write and vent later about her experience at the boarding kennel.  Because she is one of my problem children, I couldn't ask any friend to take her, so she and the coon hound got to go to the kennel.  Such is the life of a dog trainer - we tend to gravitate toward dogs who have behavioral issues.  They are my two black sheep.  I am crazy about both of them.

Thank you,

Dawn Gardner
Behavioral Consultant & Trainer
www.happyhoundpetservices.com