[Dailydrool] Hawaii droolers: basset looking for home

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 15:33:46 PDT 2009

Aloha Droolers in Hawaii (Val, Kim, 2 Jessicas, Dave, any others?):
I realize that I don't have e-mail addresses for most of you. I wanted to let you know that there is a nine year old tri-color basset boy looking for a new home here in Hawaii. He is currently in foster care with a wonderful person who took him in when his owner left the islands. The dog's name is Buddy and he is very sweet and energetic, gets along with dogs and cats, sleeps in a crate at night, and is reported to be a gentlehound in all ways. He has a few minor health issues--dermatitis from flea infestation, underweight from worms, and teeth in need of a dental. Buddy's teeth are also worn down in the front from chewing on goodness knows what, but he eats fine. His foster dad, Marshall, has de-wormed him and given him a flea shampoo. Buddy seems to have suffered from some owner neglect on all these issues, but is reportedly not holding it against anyone. If you would like to adopt this handsome fellow, contact me and I'll put you in touch with
 Marshall. Also let me know if you would like to be added to my "Basset Alert" e-mail list. I keep a list of folks wanting to know about bassets looking for homes and send out an alert when I learn of one. Mahalo, Val