[Dailydrool] Pills and Bassets

Brenda Cruse brendatyler2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 13:10:12 PDT 2009

As a mom to a basset that gets 4 pills a day I have some expertise.....usually I can just throw the pills in with Rufus' food and he will gulp them down.  When he's got antibiotics or something like that to take, I surround the pills in peanutbutter and then roll them in dry kibble and throw that in with the food.  Sometimes he's clever enough to figure out they're in there and will leave the peanutbutter concoction in the bowl at that point I have to resort to forcefully giving him the pills.  This involves opening his mouth and placing my hand inside as far as it will go and depositing the pills on the back of his tongue and then holding his mouth closed until I feel him swallow them.

Brenda Cruse

http://bhbhappiness.blogspot.com/