[Dailydrool] Crystals in Unrine

krosey21 at aol.com krosey21 at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 07:33:21 PDT 2009

My Daisy also had crystals in her urine.  When they first caught it, it was by freak coincidence.  A chicken carcass we had disappeared so we were concerned that she had bones in her system.  When we did x-rays, they found bladder stones.  Hers were calcium oxalate stones so they had to be removed surgically.  We too were then given the option, special diet or medication.  We decided to go with medication because Daisy tends to try to steal our other two dog's food which could have caused the crystals to reform.  She is currently on Potassium Citrate three times a day.  I have seen her get into things she should not be getting into but she has been crystal free since her surgery in February because of the medication.  I hope that you can get it figured out for your boy.  I just wanted to share what we had gone through with the same issue.

Wishing you the best!

Kelly, Mya (basset wannabe), Daisy (basset hound) and Lily (basset hound)