[Dailydrool] Stuffies

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Thu Oct 15 12:42:38 PDT 2009

All stuffies not intended for the jaws and paws of the houndage need to be stapled to the ceiling or at the very least, on shelves that are close to the ceiling. Some of my bassets love to destuff them. Some want to desqueak them and others want to cuddle them. I had one girl that removed their eyes. All stuffies will end up slobbered into oblivian sooner or later. I always try to launder them frequently and try to keep the hounds from taking them outdoors. Every once in a while someone sneeks one by me and I usually find it destuffed and balls of polyfil spread out all over the yard. They do have fun doing it.

Seriously, I don't think you can teach them the difference between their stuffies and yours. It's the same as teaching them to know which shoes they're allowed to chew and which ones not to chew. And your favorites will be chewed up first. I think it's some sort of doogy code rule in the slave training manual.

Drool to all those in need. Hound or hooman.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets