[Dailydrool] Shelby's biopsy

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 17:52:14 PDT 2009

News wasn't good regarding Shelby.  She underwent exploratory surgery on Tuesday and they could not remove the tumor as it was wrapped around the aorta and vet decided it wouldn't be safe.  He then took a biopsy and turns out it is a rare form of this type of lymphoma.  Said he typically sees it in cats not dogs.  As Shelby is 13 we are choosing the lesser treatment and will enjoy our last 2-6 months with her.  Not sure what we'll do without any bassets in the house.

Anyway..... has anyone tried natural treatments for lymphoma and had success?

Janet & her sweet hound Shelby