[Dailydrool] Contagious Cancer?

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 08:06:47 PDT 2009

Anyone familiar with contagious cancer in canines? I've read about Sticker's
Sarcoma but want to speak with someone who has experience.
Brief backstory: Sally came up from Ecuador with Pepe, a little terrier mix
who was adopted by a New York City couple whom we met at the airport while
picking them up. We kept in touch with Pepe's pack and tried to arrange a
playdate. A few months after the adoption, we found out that Pepe had been
dealing with some tumors in some not-so-fortunate areas of his body and the
vet said it was contagious, so no playdate for Pepe and Sally.

I've noticed that Sally has a small growth (it looks like a wart or raised
mole) on her rear end and she doesn't like it when I touch it or when her
brother Beau sniffs her down there. Pepe and Sally spent time together in
Ecuador and certainly they were in close quarters together ... if Pepe's
canine cancer was indeed contagious, this is cause for concern with Sally
and now Beau.

Certainly I'm going to take Sally to the vetlady, but I was hoping to hear
from Droolers if they had experience with this and what it entails.

Drool to all who need,
Emily
Sally & Beauregard