[Dailydrool] sore armpits

Carol Macleod macleod at tcnj.edu
Mon Oct 19 04:01:58 PDT 2009

Honey and Leroy here!

We brought Honey in a few months ago with the same thing....was told allergies too!    They gave her some meds(don't remember what it was) and it did the trick.....We bath her every 10days with "sensitive" dog shampoo along with a nice conditioner....seems to work well and yes yesterday she started to scratch again and again...so she tells me when it has been 10days.  I keep the benadryl on hand and that works too, but I have only had to give it to her once, It was too cold that day to bathe her and I was lazy!  Honey and Leroy were never fond of bath time...I saw a video on the drool of a basset getting a bath and she loved her bath...so I took some hints from the video....no water in the tub (lucky ours has a glass door, so I shut it with me in it)   I have an attached hose used especially for dogs, has a nice little stiff bush at the end that I use right on Honey's coat and massage her as I bathe her...she loves it!....no standing water and a nice mat on the floor so she does not slip.....I can get the shampoo out real good that way too.
Hope this helps!
Carol - Honey, Leroy and Tyler the cat