[Dailydrool] Miss Penny is very INTELLIGENT

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at free.fr
Tue Oct 20 09:07:22 PDT 2009

Bonejour, Miss Polly woofin' in fwom France,

Da mum says that she should not be saying this because in behaviourist
school she was taught that dogs are not intelligent, they don’t think
and reason like humans.  Okay.

Now let me tell you why my big sis IS intelligent ….`

At the moment we have our ‘friend’ Mirabelle staying with us.  I say
friend, because da mum thinks that.  We just think she’s a nuisance,
stealing our biscuits and sleeping space and bellyrubs and …. <sigh>.
Okay, mum, our friend J

Mirabelle is ancient, much older than Miss Penny.  She’s 13 and the
ears are starting to go.  No, they are not frayed around the edges,
they just don’t work as well any more.  What did you say, mum ?  Ah
yes, she’s going deaf.  That’s Mirabelle, not da mum

Mirabelle’s a tad unfriendly at meal times, that’s what comes of being
an only basset, so she is fed out on the balcony.  I eat in my cage
(don’t ask) and Miss Penny, being the only normal one around hère,
eats in the kitchen. Just to set the picture : kitchen door leading to
the balcony is glass. Okay ?  Well, mum did the feeding routine and
was surprised to see Miss Penny did not eat.  After tea it’s biscuit
time.  Well, Miss Penny did NOT want her biscuit !  Da mum thinks, Uh
huh, looks like a trip to the vet’s tomorrow.  She was starting to get
sad already.  Da mum does tend to react like that.

Anyways, we all settle down for a nap.  Miss Penny get’s up and checks
that Mirabelle is fast asleep and goes back to the kitchen to claim
her tea !  What da mum doesn’t know, of course, is that that nasty
Mirabelle swore at Miss Penny through the window and frightened her …
and … because my big sis is so intelligent she just waited till
Mirabelle was asleep and then went back to enjoy her meal in peace.
Now, is that intelligent, or what ?

Lurps to all Miss Polly