[Dailydrool] A quiet house

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 10:28:34 PDT 2009

The house is just way too quiet without the sound of those clicking nails wandering around on the hardwood floors.  I got Shelby's blankets washed and folded, the bowls put away as there is no one to use them and then this morning I realize I forgot her rug.  The one that sits down in the school room that she would lie on while the kids did their work.  Caught me off guard and the tears came again.

So how does one find a sweet basset again without any rescues in the area?  Kids think we need a different kind of dog, but dh and I love bassets so much.  Can't imagine housebreaking in the winter months though.

Janet & her houndless house