[Dailydrool] yucky chin

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:07:56 PDT 2009

The saliva dribbles down those folds of skin and it doesn't dry. Being warm
and wet sets up a perfect environment for bacteria and/or yeast. The stench
makes me think bacteria, which means he should have an anti-biotic along
with the benzoyl peroxide. I am not sure what it does, but it is apparently
a drying agent among other things. Mitchell, who was very wet-mouthed, had a
LOT of trouble with this every summer, and every summer he ended up on
antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide.
The brown color, I am told, is caused by a chemical reaction of the enzymes
in the saliva. but I don't know that this is true. I do know that the
benzoyl peroxide will help remove the stain eventually.
When I was showing Mitchell I scrubbed his chin and neck with a benzoyl
peroxide  shampoo to whiten the area. I would have a Vet look at it so that
if he needs anti-biotics you can get him started on that.

MomPerson to Nigel (wet) Llewis, Conley and Cooper