[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 81, Issue 11

Racetrcker at aol.com Racetrcker at aol.com
Sat Oct 24 19:14:40 PDT 2009

Beverly Szaton wrote:
SO today we went to PetSmart and bought an inflatable  collar  called a
Pro-Collar.  And went on to say how good it was.

I would have to agree with her.  When our Maddie needed surgery on  both
eyes, our vet recommended that we go to Petco and get the Pro-Collar.   I have
to admit it was a little hard to get it blown up, but it turned out to be
SO much better than the white plastic ones.  She could follow me around
without turning the back of my legs black and blue, she could get in and out of
 the doggie door and she could lie down with no problems with it.  And she
could not get at her eyes.  I had bought a medium for her but since Rocky
is bigger than her, I went right back to Petco and bought one in a size
large  just in case he ever needed this again.

I thought I was going to have to use it a couple of days ago when he was
scheduled for a liver biopsy to get to the bottom of his liver problems but
another blood test, about the 6th one he's had lately, made the vet decide
that  we should just stick to the medicine and special diet (LD) for now and
if he  starts showing any signs of problems then we should do the biopsy.  I
was  very happy with this news since he will be 9 on New Year's Eve (yes,
he's one of  Ellie's litter of 12) and I hate to put him under anesthesia.
He has  hardly ever acted sick although he was vomiting bile and had to spend
a couple  of days in the emergency hospital last July.  But mostly he is
his normal  self, just getting a little slower and sleeping a little more.
Maddie, who  is just four, is keeping him active though.

But back to the original reason for this post, I highly recommend the
Pro-Collar for anyone who needs something like this.

Carol