[Dailydrool] Moving and Blind Bassets

Ross Houndage mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 25 05:34:19 PDT 2009

I'm trying another address, as my gmail account will receive the drool, but
posts seem to go off in the ozone and never appear.

We are in the new house, surrounded by boxes. I got the HughesNet up last
night - the guy was here until 10pm installing it! The houndies are loving
the back yard and the fence I set up seems to contain everyone without a
problem. I start work tomorrow, so will do a trial run to the hospital this
morning to time it, and pick up a few groceries and other essentials while I
m out, then try unpacking some. I'm now listening to the echos of the Basset
500 as the only carpet is in the bedrooms and I have the doors closed to
help keep it clean....I need to get some cheap rugs down!

As for the blind bassets, many of you know Bud, who I adopted from NEBHR 5
years ago. He was blind when I adopted him and had been for a few years
before he came to me (7 then, 12 years old now - Nov 1st is his calendar
day!) We got here to the new house around 9 PM Friday night. I got everyone
outside - a small back deck and a few stairs down to the yard. I showed Bud
the stairs and helped him down the first time, then he was motoring around
the yard, investigating, so I carried things in from the car. When I went to
help him back to the house, he was already at the door waiting to come in.
Since then he goes straight to the door, steps out, turns left and down the
steps. He is having more difficulty inside because of the echoes - he can't
tell where sounds are coming from so I'll work on that today.

Hope this goes through!!
Lots of drool for all in need - I haven't ready but saw Chillie, and Mr.
Cooper, and anyone else....

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Peaches
Ace & Kirby