[Dailydrool] help - advice needed

Feathers3 at aol.com Feathers3 at aol.com
Thu Oct 29 18:57:51 PDT 2009

Hello,
We are the proud owners of a 16 year old male basset named "Mickey  Mouse".
 He has been with us for 13 years now ever since we adopted him  from a dog
kennel out of state.  We loved him from the first second we saw  him
sitting there just waiting for someone to come along and adopt him.  He  loves to
ride, go for long rides, and has always been blessed with good health
except for the last 4 months or so. ( He still climbs up and down many  stair
steps every day but doesn't jump up into bed with us anymore but prefers
sleeping on his nice soft doggy bed.)

We are wondering if anyone can give us some advice on a sore that he  has.
He has a sore on his toe (right by his toenail) that is swollen, red,  and
bleeds at times that just doesn't seem to heal up.  The vet thinks that
maybe originally he might of gotten some glass in it and is hoping that it will
 just heal  by it's self.  Well, it isn't healing and looks very  sore.
(Mickey will lick it but doesn't like us to touch it very  much.)  Does anyone
know of something that we might put on it to help with  the healing or are
be better off just letting natural heal it?  Also we are  noticing that
Mickey is losing a lot of hair in bunches from his  hindquarters.

We realize that Mickey might be one of the oldest bussets around but he is
such a good dog!

Thank you for your help.

Carol, Jim, and Mickey