[Dailydrool] Happy Birthday...

Ruth Mayberry ram.berry at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 19:33:56 PDT 2009

We are sending Happy Birthday Wishes to Chillie Pepper and Elvis
Hope you two have everything you want on dis yur birthday weekend!
(Yes, you get to celebrate the WHOLE WEEKEND!) Got dat MOM!???

On a different note....I just received a new member of our family.
Her name is Sawyer, a small, 7 month old golden Cocker puppy. She came from a neighbor who can no longer keep her due to financial difficulties.
I actually have been praying that I get this dog because it was VERY apparent that the people that had her didn't really care for her very well
and were too busy to care for her needs. So.....now that I officially have her----why do I feel so rotten? I don't mean because I prayed to get her--
I really feel sad for her cause she doesn't know that her family has just abandoned her! I think it will probably pass....I know this for sure--she WILL have a happy life here with us. We have had her over before and her and Huckleberry get along fantastic! The only thing I have to look out for is when Huck gets TOO excited and does the Basset 500 around the yard and she gets in his way!(oooops...Cocker soup!)

Right about now my teeth are grinding...considering that this IS Labor Day weekend and she just gave her to me at about 5PM, I just had barely enough time to call the vet and get some meds to kill the MILLION fleas she has on her!!!!!!!!As I speak, she is in the kitchen, inside the kennel that Audrey usually sleeps in and the fleas are just dropping off of her! I'm gagging there are so many. I guess I should just be thankful to GOD that I got to the vet in time! This is really disgusting! To have such a small dog (16.5 lbs) to have so many fleas---ugh!

She will have her name changed and I think we may be giving her to my daughter Anna, who still lives with us. (She's wanted her for a while now but she doesn't know that me and Don are planning that this be HER dog)

I know that this is something that alot of you go through each and every day---a hundredfold.

Anyway, thanks for listening and allowing me to vent a bit...

ruth n huckleberry
ranger n audrey
n now sawyer (who will soon have a NEW name)