[Dailydrool] Daphneyland Update

Marie28443 at aol.com Marie28443 at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 01:47:01 PDT 2009

Here's the latest update from Dawn at  Daphneyland.

Marie

It's Monday night - and how we are still  able to stand is rather beyond
me.  The outpouring of love, effort,  networking, donations, labor and well
wishers is so very humbling - the hounds  are without doubt so very well taken
care of - how can we say thank you?   Thank you doesn't even come close.

Smoke residual is still around and  flare ups are happening - the fire is
hot and burning at the east side - and our  thoughts go to the residents of
those areas - still under heavy threat.   Air tankers continue their pattern
over the ranch and local flare ups happen -  but the amazing fire crews have
them out in nothing flat.

The  recovery effort began this week when Cesar Millans staff arrived on
Thursday and  volunteered to haul kennel laundry off and get it done - 45
commercial loads -  well, you can read about it on their website  at:
www.cesarmillaninc.com   In addition to this link, a special  little link
was put up on the LA Fire link on their web pages as well - that  link
features a photo of a hound.  That hound is Clyde.  The night  that link went up -
a very wonderful donor from San Diego drove up -2- air  purifiers for the
main kennel area which were immediately put into use - and  adopted Clyde.
Please visit that page and wish Clyde the happiest of  gotcha days ever.
Makes me cry to see those links and pages - what an  incredible promo for the
hounds.  On top of doing our laundry - they will  also be attending our
Recovery Bath Day on 9/13/09 - volunteers are needed to  help us continue
recovery efforts and the day will begin at 8:30 a.m. for  feeding volunteers, 10
a.m. for recovery effort volunteers and 12:00 for bath  day volunteers - email
in if you can help at all - every day is a recovery day  right now and lots
of items need to be completed.

With the list and email  alerts from folks who have either brought up air
purifiers or have ordered  them  - it appears the hounds have the air
purifiers that are needed - or  will have soon enough an that is a MIRACLE!!
Packages have begun arriving for  replacing toys, bedding - so many items.

Nancy & Jackie of BHRSC came  up on Friday and assisted with bleach down -
and BHRSC took home 3 hounds into  their rescue program - arriving with
donation of eye wash, toys and smiles ready  to help, thank you ladies - your
wonderful.

Friday night - Molly, a 14  year old girl began with some seizures -
administering triage and keeping her  stable we loved on her and kept her calm -
Saturday morning she again went into  distress and she was taken to the ER.
We had to say goodbye to Molly and  Carol held her as she left us for the
smoke free rainbow bridge - and that was a  very hard start to the weekend -
having to say goodbye to a loved one is never  easy, never.  Molly is free of
all that ails us, and is fur ever  romping.  I can;t write more - I know
you guys  understand.....

Daphneyland Yahoo Group participants brought up  donations, volunteered and
even adopted -
This weekend Clyde, Candy, Sam  & Agnes went to new homes, and Chopper is
pending an adoption. A special  adoption happened and Cletus has been adopted
- he is still here, but his gotcha  day was Saturday. Lieben & Tueful will
be heading out this week as well, and  DK will be going home to boot.  A
possible placement for Clyde the Younger  is in the works.  Despite 4 incoming
hounds (plus an additional 2 owner  surrenders) we are right this moment
sitting at 86 hounds - heading down to 84  hopefully by the week's end.

Our hard working volunteers - Marie, Suz,  Denise, Carol, Rita, Bruce,
Linda M - how ever would we have handled this  without you?  Jim Smith.  For
those who know - Jim is my father and a  contractor as well - he has been
arriving for weekend ranch duty and getting  things taken care of - this weekend
was a very busy one - gathering dump loads,  scrubbing down, repairing and
painting the food room, removing dead trees and  limiting fire hazards on top
of recovery efforts - Dad - your the best.
Basic  Needs Foundation, www.basicneeds911 at aol.com -  the most amazing
woman in  the world.

We always have to remember - as we begin recovery, there are  still lives
that need us - rescue does not stop due to tragedies, instead rescue
escalates.  I'll try to keep up with posts as I can - this week will be a
whirlwind. We still have 2 senior puppymill girls in Texas at Suz' home to  arrange
transport for!

Much love to each and every one of you - thank  you.
Thank you for helping the hounds, thank you for helping us, and thank  you
for all you support - yesterday, today and tomorrow - and there is a
tomorrow.  Now the recovery effort begins.

Much love.....
Dawn of  the West
Scribe for the Homeless Hounds of
Barni at  Daphneyland

We are currently recovering from the Station Fire - email  will be
forwarded to the appropriate volunteer, please be patient. Please help  us bath the
hounds on 9/13/09!
Donations for emergency funding can be made  at:
www.firstgiving.com/ActonFire_BassetRescueNetwork

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)