[Dailydrool] Gus's Canine Cognitive Disorder

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 22:11:59 PDT 2009

I want to thank all who have e-mailed me privately with information about CCD and the me Aniphryl.
In my original post I for got to mention that Gus and had symptoms for several years. Just small stuff like starting out the dog door and stopping backing up looking around almost saying "I was heading some where but where?" Me and my friends and family have always joked that he was on his way to have doggie Alzheimer. Well it really here. I figuring out how to work around some of the panic triggers. Like eating just nobody move. If you move he stops panics and starts to flee. I also try not disturb him after he falls a sleep this to will start the panic. I'm learning to deal with this.
To let every one know all his labs came back with flying colors except the fecal. 2 different parasites nothing unusual for the king of poo eating.
That is one thing I wish he would forget how to do.
Tomorrow Auntie Alexa is going to take him to the naturapathic vet for me.
She is going to call me while I do my clients so I can be there via the phone.
Wish us well
I post with an up date as soon as I can.
Healing drool to all

Patty Crawford

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936