[Dailydrool] Evil Basset Lucie

Karen Cannon klcannon at telus.net
Tue Sep 8 21:19:06 PDT 2009

Dear Roland - OEBE guy:

A long time ago (9 months) my Momslave wrote and asked how I could get OEBE status, 'cuz she and Dad thought I deserved it. But I was too young!  But I'm grown up now, almost 20 months old, weigh 55 pounds and have a real long body.

Old enuff to know better they say.
Today, I did something really bad, which is why Momslave is writin' to ask iffin I can get OEBE status now. Today's deed and a bunch of stuff I've done since the end of January, which is when I turned one year old might be enuff, I was thinkin'.

This afternoon, I'm lyin' on the floor in the kitchen where Mom is cutting up a flank (skirt) steak which she is going to use to make curry.  She's got it in long strips, some are about 8 inches long!  I think yummy.... how am I goin' to get one?  So I mind my own bizness, then the phone rings and Mom goes over to answer it.  She not go far, about 6 feet away and she tells me to STAY! and not jump up.

But I don't got brains or ears and jump up onna counter and stretch myself all the way and grab a piece ob that meat!  Stuff it all the way into my mouth.  She sees me and YELLS ...Lucie! PUT THAT DOWN!  Hangs up the phone, takes 2 steps and next thing I know....she pries open my mouf and takes that meat away!  Dang!

Lucie (devil Dog)

Since the end of January, 2009, Lucie has:

- chewed up every pen and pencil that she can reach - which we have lost count.

-chewed all plastic containers within reach.

- 3 days ago, gnawed on 4 CD cases.  CD's seem to be OK.

- ripped up 3 cookbooks, one of which has had the cover chewed off.  Same book twice.

- did the same to a library book.  Mom had to pay for it.

-chewed through several cooking magazines.  Claims the pictures looked good enough to eat.

-pulled a box of Cheerios off the counter, ripped the box and scattered Cheerios everywhere. Only ate some.

-ate 42 shortbread-type cookies from a deluxe bakery in Victoria, B.C.  Had to work through 2 boxes to get to them.  The cookies were for out-of-town guests.

-licks the butter (in the dish) or whatever food is on the table whenever the slaves leave it too near the edge, especially bacon.

-loves to be nearby when pastry is being rolled out - is tall enough to jump up and steal chunks of it.

When the breeder told us she had a mischievous streak, we thought...how bad can it be?  All our other bassets were naughty, too.  But Lucie definitely keeps us on our toes.

Roland, are these dastardly deeds enough?

Karen, Momslave to Lucie (Devil Dog)