[Dailydrool] The telephone repair man

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 10 12:57:04 PDT 2009

I can only tell this story to Basset Hound people, they are the only ones that will understand :)

A few weeks ago our electricity went out and when I went to use the phone that doesn't require power I didn't have a dial tone, I had music playing in my ear.  Not that the music was bad, it just wasn't what I picked up the phone for.
This is the phone in my kitchen, where Sophie & Nancy are residing at the moment.  When I called to set up the appt. I made it for the 10th of September b/c I thought the girls would be in California by then.  The fire put all of those plans on hold and the girls are still here.

Time Warner sent their tech out about an hour ago.  Thankfully he was a dog lover and we managed to yell over Holly's loud voice.  Sophie chimed in, but she will quiet down as soon as I tell her it's okay.  I put Holly & Sophie on leashes, and poor Nancy curled up in the back of her crate.  It was Holly & Sophie that scared her b/c the guy never went anywhere near her.

I took both girls out into the yard and walked them in the pouring rain.  Yes, we are getting rain in South Texas.  We came back in and Holly managed to get over to the tech.  She jumped up on him and left wet paw prints all over him, some in places that you don't want to look wet...LOL

Then Sophie figured out that if she stood still and went into reverse she could get out of her collar.  She got over to the tech, but she only sniffed him.  He was very understanding and kept stopping to pet whoever had managed to get away from me and over to him.

He spent an hour here and probably half that time was spent with 1 or both of the girls.  They just wouldn't let him alone and tried every trick in the book to get away from me and over to him.  The girls are now napping, it's hard work protecting the house from an intruder.  And I'm exhausted after trying to keep them away from the tech for an hour.
Not to mention that I'm all wet from walking them in the rain...LOL

Suz