[Dailydrool] OMBR Buppy Update!

Sherry Faulkner saf47 at att.net
Thu Sep 10 11:43:23 PDT 2009

The buppies are doing great. They are nursing from bottles with gusto,
and gaining weight to the tune of 1 to 3 ounces each. One little girl
dropped to 6 oz, but she's back up to 7.5 now, and the largest, our only
male, is weighing in at a whopping 14 ounces.

We were crunching numbers the other day and went back to look at the
expenses we incurred with Rosie's pups. We had one pup with a vet bill
of over $1000, so needless to say, even with Rosie being an exemplary
mama and nursing all the pups herself, the expenses were astronomical
after we added in vet visits, shots, worming, etc. These little ones
don't have the luxury of mama's milk and neither does our pocketbook!
Powdered milk supplement alone costs about $35-40 a can and they will be
on it for about 6 weeks.

Should anyone want to donate to Penelope's pups fund, you can click on
the Paypal button on our website at www.ombr.org. (You can see pictures
of them there, too!)

Sherry Faulkner, President
Ozark Mountain Basset Rescue, Inc.