[Dailydrool] Friday morning in San Antonio

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 11 09:51:27 PDT 2009

When I woke up this morning I found 2 Houndies sleeping on the dog beds....Holly and Nancy.  Nancy is the poor little girl that only feels safe in her crate, so this really surpised me.  As soon as I went to get up Nancy flew out of the room and tried to hide under my desk, right off of my living room.  I moved the gate so that the bedrooms were gated off and then all I had to do was walk into the living room and she headed to the kitchen and the safety of her crate.  Sophie was still sound asleep on her pillows, and Holly hadn't bothered to get out of bed either :)

The only thing I can figure out is that we had rain during the night, and Nancy got scared b/c of the rain hitting the sliding glass doors in the kitchen.  I have no idea how she got thru the gate without me hearing something, but she did.  My best guess is that she didn't want to be alone, and Sophie was still stuck in the kitchen, so she set off to find Holly.  And when she found her she just got up on the dog beds and went to sleep.

Nancy has a little more sense than Sophie....she didn't wake me up to let me know she was there, just curled up with Holly and went to sleep.  Everytime Sophie gets into my bedroom she puts her paws up on my bed so she can see me.  Then I walk her back to the kitchen so that Nancy isn't alone all night.  Apparently Nancy didn't care that Sophie spent the night alone though.  And it didn't bother Sophie or she would have barked to get my attention.

We are still getting some much needed rain in South Texas, but it will be gone by late Saturday / early Sunday.

Suz
Holly Noelle - I had company last night
Sophie - I had all 4 pillows to myself
Nancy - I slept next to my new friend