[Dailydrool] Anal gland info received

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 15 10:55:43 PDT 2009

My thanks to all who have passed on information about anal glands and
surgery -- both here on the Drool and privately to me in email.

Gabby is doing well now and hopefully will have good news at each of her
follow-up visits.  But, if it seems that surgery is advised down the
line, we have great confidence with our vet clinic that we've been using
for the past 25 years. http://www.newhopeanimalhospital.com/
 It is also comforting to have access to the University of Minnesota Vet
clinic, which we have used with several of our ATB hounds.

Gabby and Misty are fed twice a day -- kibble, yogurt and canned
pumpkin. Gabby also has had Addison's since she was a year old -- so she
gets her monthly Percorten shot and her daily 1 mg pill of prednisone.
Misty often supplements her diet with any forgotten paper napkin she can
swipe.  Makes for interesting poop pick-up.

Again, many thanks!
And drool to all in need.

Kathie G.