[Dailydrool] Emma

Teddy and Izzy teddyandizzy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:37:40 PDT 2009

IMHO, you should call Karen for several reasons.  First, this is far too big
of a decision for any friend to expect a friend to handle.  Second, neither
one of you ever anticipated this.  Third, in my experience, it is much
better to know what you are coming home to than to come home only to be
faced with very bad news.  It will forever bother her whenever she goes
anywhere again.  I also had a friend who this happened to last Christmas
although in that situation the pet was ill and shouldn't have been left with
anyone except a vet.  However, the person petsitting also was very
distressed and I advised her that she should call her friend and ask her to
talk to the vet herself.  You do not need to make this decision.  She can
make it with the vet's input.

I know it's her vacation and a much-needed one, but Emma is much bigger than
that.  She will feel far more guilt than you will if she was not involved in
this decision because she said she didn't want to be bothered.

What a tough place to be.  You're in our thoughts and prayers.

love and drool from
Beth
&Teddy&Izzy