[Dailydrool] Serious Submissive Urination Problem

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 06:08:47 PDT 2009

Droolers, I need any advice I can get.
Beauregard has been with us for four months and suddenly he has developed a
serious urination problem. I'm 99% sure that it is a submissive thing but it
came out of NOWHERE so my husband and I are concerned. It has gotten to the
point where my husband can't even approach Beau without him cowering and
peeing where he stands. Just this morning we were all outside and Beau
urinated seven times within two minutes, each time when my husband
approached him or touched him. He even did it once when I approached him and
that's never happened before.

The only thing I can think of is that we got Beau shortly before my
husband's school year was over (he's a high school teacher) so for the large
part of Beau's formative time with us, my husband was home 24/7 with him.
Now, Matt is back to work and Beau and our other basset, Sally, are home
during the day while we're both at work. This is the only thing, other than
perhaps a medical issue, that I can think of that would be causing this.
Even last night I went down into the basement to do laundry for a few
minutes (Beau doesn't do stairs so he was stuck up top) and when I came back
upstairs I was greeted by a big puddle of pee. He is 100% housebroken and
doesn't mark in the house, so is this a terrible mix of separation anxiety
and submission?

I know there is nothing to do but ignore submissive urination, but this
seems out of control. Any ideas or advice? I'll even take sympathetic
stories at this point.

Drool to all in need,
Emily and Matt
along with Sally the snitch and BeauMonster with a VERY active bladder