[Dailydrool] Emmy is ill.

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Mon Sep 21 12:05:18 PDT 2009

HI all,
Emily,  who I refer to as Emmy, had to go to the vetwoman this AM,  not planned, as she would not really eat much other than a piece of bread yesterday.  This morning she ate just a few bites of turkey.  Anyhow,  with all I have been hearing about with others and their babies,  I didn't want to wait any longer.  Good thing as she has pancreatitis.  I think I spelled it right.  We did some sub q fluids and talked about fasting, etc....really not much they can give....she did get a pain shot.   Brought her home and put her in with our 19 yr old cat for some quiet time.  Checked on her about 2.5 hours after I brought her home..had to go do some work calls....and she had thrown up, and had some bloody diarrhea.  The vet said to bring her back in so she is with them now. She is getting an IV line in and will be started on,  I really don't know.  The vet has not called me back yet.

But she could benefit, I am sure, of some wonderful drool out there.  The Bounders have added her into their list for drool,  if you guys could send her some good thoughts, I would appreciate it.  She has been here about 3 months  and as of yet, has not really bonded well with me or any other hounds.  Sort of a loner,  and I feel for her so much!

thank you all in advance!

 wen and the Bounders
Please vote for Dallas in the Senior Basset calendar contest at
www.seniorhoundsabound.org