[Dailydrool] Funny Story--Bassets and babies

Brenda Cruse brendatyler2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 04:51:49 PDT 2009

My daughter is now 21 months old and hell on two feet.  My mom and dad were watching her Sunday afternoon while hubby and I took care of some shopping and various other things around the house.   Pizza was on the menu for dinner, one of Emily's favorite foods.  My parents have two hounds, Madonna and Jezebel.
Emily was wandering around with a chunk of pizza in her fist and dogs follow baby hoping the chunk will be dropped.  Emily did not drop the pizza anywhere accessible to two hounds under a foot tall.  The pizza was dropped into Mom's reclinder (back behind the seat in the bowels of the chair.  Emily goes home, mom and dad go to bed and the hounds get busy finding that pizza!!   Imagine a nice,cozy La-z-boy in a dusty blue with a hole the size of a garbage can lid chewed in it!  No remnants of the removed fabric are evident, making us think they literally ate the chair to get to the pizza.  My father was speechless and all mom could do was laugh and say they're going back to their crates to sleep.  My hubby points out that the vet bill from a bowel obstruction will cost way more than the recliner that now needs to be replaced!  So far no signs of that obstruction.  I'll try to post pictures of the eaten chair later today on my blog.

Drool to all in need.

Brenda Cruse

http://bhbhappiness.blogspot.com/