[Dailydrool] Bella had surgery on Mast Cell Tumor

Patti Pike pattipike7 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 22 20:42:30 PDT 2009

  Hi All,

  I picked up Bella from the Vets about 4:30 and she is just now waking up! She has been trying to walk, but looks like she is a drunk sailor!  She seems afraid to set down her front right leg to walk as it must be pulling on the incision.

  I discovered a large lump, the size of a large egg, on her right side behind her right front leg, on Saturday night.  On Monday we went to the Vets, and she had surgery today, Tuesday.  The incision is quite large as the Vet explained the Mast Cell Tumor will spread out in all directions.  Now we will wait for results of the biopsy.

  Bella will be 5 years old next month, and needs our prayers and drool for a good recovery.  Bella is basset hound number 7, and my bassets have had lots of health problems including distemper, crushing's disease, and heart worm, but mast cell is a first.  Are there any doolers who have had houndies with mast cell?  I would like to hear what the prognosis was...it's very scary...as it has happened so fast.

  Many thanks, and drool to all furry kids in need,

  Patti