[Dailydrool] Sirius, drool needed

Psy1801 at aol.com Psy1801 at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 19:32:10 PDT 2009

Hi.  Well, I have to ask for some drool for Sirius.  Last night  he woke up
at 4 am, spent the next few hours out in the yard, eating grass and
vomiting.  During the day, he vomited once more, drank water but didn't eat  food,
and was generally more lethargic than usual.  So we took him to the  vet
and she is keeping him overnight to re-hydrate, then they'll try food and  see
if he keeps it down.  X-rays if he doesn't.

Any ideas what this might be? No fever, no diarrhea.  Virus? Something  he
ate?

Also, the DH wants to know...the charge for the next 24 hours is over a
thousand dollars.  Is that anywhere near normal (we live on Long Island)?  It
includes the CBC and general tests, but not x-rays, the IV with anti-emetic,
 pain meds, etc.  Does that make sense or does the vet need a new wing on
the hospital? We have VPI and hope it will cover some of it, and obviously
there's no question of giving Sirius what he needs, but do we need a new vet
 next time?

Thank you all, and drool, snooters, and love to everyone.
Bracha